Perennials: What\'s Blooming #2, 3 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: What\'s Blooming #2

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming #2
Loretta_NJ wrote:
Nice of that bird to color coordinate for you, Brenda! All beautiful shots! You really have an knack for pairing plants not just in color but habit and scale too.

Beautiful plants, Donna! You really caught my eye with that salvia and your Allium christophii are huge! I think I need to fertilize or move mine! Actually, I\'m not even sure I have many left. Did you happen to get a photo of the peonies open?

Ctyf, that iris is a beautiful color. I have something similar but it didn\'t bloom this year. It has been shaded out. I also especially like that white dianthus. Did you get that one in a pack? I\'ll have to keep an eye open.

So much is blooming here that I haven\'t posted - iris, clematis, roses and more. Can\'t bore you with them all but here are a few.

1. I\'ve been looking for a dark leaf yellow dahlia. I use to have many I grew from seed but they died one winter and I needed the yellow back in the gene pool. Hopefully it has tubers.

2. Amsonia hubrichtii

3. First rose of the season is Blanc Double de Coubert

4. First Peony is Buckeye Belle and first bloom for me. I bought this on sale a couple of years ago and I don\'t think it even showed up the first year. It really needs to be photoshopped as the color is deeper than the photo.

5. First clematis of the season was Miss Bateman.