Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 3 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Good idea on the \'Stargazer\'. Kay gave her \'Stargazer\' bulbs away thinking she had some going in another location, but it turned out she didn\'t or something happened to the bulbs. I know she would love to have some that one again. One of the lily bulb mix I bought this spring has a bud. The lily in the photo came as an Easter gift years ago. Some bulb scales inevitably fall off whenever we divided those lilies and they grow easily from scales. We have a few Easter lilies in almost all the beds from that original plant. They never naturally bloom at Easter, of course. lol.
Kay has never spent much time in any desert. Pink cactus blooms surprised her.
No plant does yellow quite like a cactus. I can see prickly pear flowers in the open field to our east at an amazing distance.
Have you noticed anyone in your area trying the new Arizona series of agastache (anise hyssop) or are conditions too harsh in your part of the state.
The daylilies \'Bold Move\', \'Spacecoast Seashell\' and one I haven\'t identified yet bloomed and the daylily bed. The agastache by the door bloomed also which is why it was on my mind. Kay planted several kinds of mint, catnip and lavender hyssop in the flower border on either side of the door. I tease her the reason she put so many strongly scented herbs by the door is so she could d sniff her way home if she gets lost.

Picture#1: Bold Move
Picture#2: Spacecoast Sea Shell
Picture#3: Anise hyssop (Agastache)