Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
This is the fourth time I\'ve sat down at my computer to post. Fingers crossed I finish and hit submit before any interruptions.
Whoa, TTC, your newest addition is the most vicious yet!!! (I just checked it out on NGA.) The trifoliate orange aptly named \'Flying Dragon\' is the meanest looking plant we have. The Dragon bows in submission. I\'ve always heard it said we gardeners have to be a mildly masochistic bunch to accomplish what we do. I guess that goes double for gardeners in the southwest where the plants have to arm themselves to the teeth to survive. Really though, I think you should name your newest addition The Terminator.
I\'ll look into Kay\'s financial situation again. A lot of things have changed since 2003. .
I was counting up how many people I know who were born in May. I\'ve heard August and September have the highest percentage of births in the U.S. and I do send out the most birthday cards in those months. May has got to be up there though, if my friends and family birthday list is any indication.
The dewberries are ripe and I ate the first peach of the season yesterday. There are some consolations to the arrival of sauna summer.
Kay planted some wild cucumber seeds (Cyclanthera pedata) outside the door of my workshop. We traded for them with a DGer in the Netherlands and know little about their growth. They haven\'t growled at me yet, but the vines do appear aggressive. I will arm myself with pruners to defend my territory. Sheer exuberance of growth and irritating resins are how plants in the southeast survive predation. We have our share of thorns and prickles, but they can\'t compare to a desert climate.
Also, new to us, are the lemon cucumbers. Their vines are healthy, but growing at a more moderate rate. I have not eaten either the wild cukes or the lemon cukes. Looking forward to trying them.
I went to Lowe\'s yesterday to check out the shower designs they offered. I think I\'ve found the model that will work best, but I haven\'t seen Home Depots offerings yet. I will look at what they and a few other venders have first.

Of course, since Kay was with me, I didn\'t get out of Lowe\'s without checking out what plants were on sale. She must have been in a red pride mood since we came home with Indian Feathers (Oenothera lindheimeri), Indian Blankets, a red verbena and Monrovia\'s new Super Red Flowering Quince. The last will give a real pop of color come next February.
Women are funny about their hair. Kay and Tigger are always trying to get more volume and curl into their locks while Nadi is always complaining that her hair will not lay flat and straight and she looks like she has a strawberry blond afro. I don\'t believe there is such a thing as a woman who is happy with their hair the way it is. lol. News Flash: The woman currently considered the most beautiful in the world is an Indian (as in New Delhi) actress. Natural blonds are darkening their hair in the name of fashion. ROFL.
Photo: Something from a wild flower mix I planted. Noid.