Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi :D

Let\'s try this one more time folks! Sigh.
Ahhh..the weight loss thing. Amazing how we all feel about it. Is anyone happy? That\'s a serious question. Is anyone truly happy with how they look. I lived in L.A. and saw some of the most amazing men and women that worked as models and were hired in upscale stores specifically for how they looked. If you complimented them not a one could say, \'Thank you.\' The first thing they said was, \"Oh my nose is too big, my legs are too short, I could be thinner...etc.\" I guess like what you got unless you got the money, time and inclination to change it or fix what you can within your own means. Perhaps just accepting it may be an alternative? Most of us can\'t.

I still think I\'m going to get up in the morning and \'see\' the same person I was when I was 32. Then I go...AAAAAAHHH! Whose grey hair, wrinkles and bifocals are those! Hey....THAT never \'moved\' by its self before. I used to have to make it \'move\'. And gee, weren\'t these supposed to be \'perky\' ? Do you know where I can get a bra in 34 long?\"

Time is a thief and a liar.

Weight, well weight loss sucks if it is because of an illness. I\'m thin but I wasn\'t always. I\'m thinner than I ever was in my life but that is by design and intent and I really have to watch what I eat. That was a science all unto itself. I try to keep myself between 107-111. Personally I like the feeling because I was always, \'chunky\' as a kid and as an adult always looked like I could stand to lose 10 pounds.

Being super thin is a novelty with me. It\'s also a topic of humor for my best friend of 27 years. Tonisha\'s philosophy is, \"Oh yeah. That\'s right. I forgot. You\'re a white girl. None of you are happy unless you all look like you\'re starving to death.\" I think she just may be right.

Ever stand in the grocery store check out aisle and just \'look\' at the cover of the women\'s magazines? Not Elle, Glamour, Vogue but Better Homes & Gardens, Women\'s Day, Self, etc. There isn\'t a cover that doesn\'t mention weight loss, how to do it, how to do it fast, low fat meals, low calorie meals, how to look 10 pounds thinner in anything you wear.

Ever notice right under or next to that there\'s a mention of how to get a man, keep a man, find a man, or what\'s wrong with you because you don\'t have a man or you suck in bed that\'s why you can\'t keep a man happy? Ad nauseam.

Jim..........are men\'s magazines this way?

I\'d love to see women\'s magazines with pictures of \'real\' women on them in all shapes, sizes and colors. I think it would be interesting to see the consumer response. If I had a magazine I think I\'d call it \'Get Real\' and write articles like:

\'10 Ways to Keep a Man: feed him, let him watch football and hide when you have PMS or Menopausal mood swings.

\"How to Lose a Ton of Weight Fast: Drop the dead beat loser you\'re dating.\"

\"How to Avoid Those Unwanted Holiday Pounds: Move out of state so you don\'t have to deal with the relatives and stress eat to cope.\"

\"Why a Hot Fudge Sundae WILL Satisfy You More Than Any Man.\"

\"Youth In a Bottle: Toss out those overpriced face creams and bring on the Scotch!\"

\"The Answers to All Your Problems: The Top 10 Excuses that really Work!\"
1.) Blame your parents.
2.) Blame your kids.
3.) Blame the economy.
4.) Blame Political Party X or Y.
5.) Blame your in-laws
6.) Life is unfair.
7.) I was forced to go to religious school as a kid.
8.) Because I said so.
9.) Because I\'m a ......fill in the blank (race, gender, physical attribute, education level, limitation in life, advantage in life, age, religion, political affiliation, nationality, where you live, etc.)
10.) Everyone is an A----hole but me!

So what do you think? Would the magazine sell? :D
Now hopefully we\'re all laughing and feel better about ourselves!
Peace. Out.
TTC

BTW Jim and Kay wanted you to see the Dragon Fruit you had given me. It\'s growing! Its even got tap roots forming. How\'s the crab cactus I gave you?