Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Water lotus from Tuber :: Help needed., 1 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: Water lotus from Tuber :: Help needed.

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Water lotus from Tuber :: Help needed.
Lily_love wrote:
altagardener, thank you for the link to bonniesplants.com. It\'s very informative, it will help many a gardeners that may like to grow Lotus here in the US as well.

@dipnunn420 from India, I don\'t know for sure how many days it will take for the leaves to immerge. Even though I\'ve grown Lotus in tubs for many years. But because of the difference in climate, my Lotus in dormant stage (during our winter) will not start to grow until temperature is warm enough. In your climate, I can assume safely that it will begin to grow quickly.
Sounds you\'ve done everything right, but depends on how hot your temperature is, you may need to add small water to your Lotus when they begin to grow. To encourage blooms, you\'ll need to add more aquatic fertilizer to you plants according to the fertilizer label instruction.

I so happened to have repot my lotus tuber this year. I\'ll see, and compare note with you if ours will perform the same?

Here are those tubers that I dug out from the pot.