Lilies: John Scheepers and Orienpet lily Lavon, 1 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: John Scheepers and Orienpet lily Lavon

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of John Scheepers and Orienpet lily Lavon
DonnaMack wrote:
I\'m happy to recommend Parkland Perennials. I also was looking for a peony (Cornelia Shaylor) that is not available in this country, and the only supplier I could find was in France. When I contacted them they were very abrupt. But I was referred to Parkland by a sweet person on our Canadian forum and had an amazing experience. I ordered five peonies, and a friend of mine ordered peonies and the best martagon lilies she had ever received.

I have ordered from five different companies and this is the first time the peonies were all true to name and bloomed the first season - with multiple flowers. Ordering Festiva, I was mistakenly sent Kansas (it\'s red, for heaven\'s sake), Lady Alexandra Duff, Ann Cousins and a peony I have not yet identified. You will have to pay for a $15 phytosanitary certificate but to get these superior peonies, it\'s worth it. I ordered Festiva Maxima four times and got the wrong peony three times. Bob Yarembo was on the money!

Here is the link to Parkland on Daves that explains my great experience. Unlike a lot of others he will ship you a single peony, but it makes more sense to order more. I had a great correspondence with him.

The first picture is Cornelia Shaylor planted the previous fall. I have never experienced a peony blooming like this the first spring after receipt. The second is Festiva Maxima. Planted the previous fall. I was delighted. After ten years of trying, I finally got three Festivas and two Cornelias. His peony prices are about what others are - some lower and some higher.

I could not recommend him more highly.