Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by BetNC

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BetNC

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
BetNC wrote:
I had a REAL good birthdaY DINNER DO-OVER! (Actualkly, a late lunch celebration as I can\'t see well enough after dark to be able to walk from the parking lot to my apartment) After I ordered and while i SET UP MY cupcakie (I put a red& white candle in the red velvet cupcake, on the small plate my waitress brought me) The waitrewss brought over a bill somebody had sent ov3er for me.....it paid for my dinner, so I tipped the waitress generously! My steak was cookewd to perfection and the baked tater was HUGE and fresh out of the oven!! The WAITRESS KEPT free yeaST ROLLS supplied: also hot right out of the oven. After I ate my fill (there were aLOT of left-overs. . I\'ll get to THEM later), I lit my candle and held my cupcake while I very silently msang\"Happy Birthday\" and then made a wish , blew out the candle and ate my cupcake!

Afterward, I was too tired to go OUT to a movie . . . so while I ate my leftover salad for supper (it was HUGE after they had finished adding all mthe non-lettuce stuff!) I streamed (warxched) a movie I\'d ordered. Afterwards, I ordered a birthday present for myself: a day/time clock I\'d had my eye on for a Christmas gift for Granny (she frequently asks me what day it is. . . if she behaves before it get here, I just might go ahead and give it to her).

The next day, I reheated and finished eating all the left-overs: steak ( plus got to gnaw the T-bone. . something simply NOT DONE in public), yteast rolls and honey butter. potatoe skins! MMMMMMMM

Granny apparebtly de3cided her sad, apologewtic\"Have a nice birthday\" as we left my original birthday dinner was sufficient, She haS never mentioned my birthday again nor gave me a belatged birthday gift.

On a sad note, my garden helper died on Christmas. He was my friend amd he didn\'t want to die de4spite the pain . . which he didn\'t have to endurwe his last week, thanks to a morphine self-administed pump.

On another note, I finished ordering all my seed for my sunner 2016 gardens. I Can\'t wait to start indoor growing (February 1). Tomatoes, petunias, celosia, marigolds, chinese asters and synfkowers!

Meanwhile, my lenten roses are blooming. These are the two latest blooming ones: one stalk from hellinbore hybridus \'Double Yellow Wedding Ruffles\" and two stalks from H. hybridus \'Ice Follies\' , all in a vase I have on my breakfast table. (Outdoors, these plants are continueing to vbloom.)