Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
YIPPEEEEE!! Success. So I think I may have found the key. Short paragraphs and multiple posts. :D Aren\'t I smart and \'they\' (you know who they are!) stupid!

So I\'ve been at the plant thing and will be for the next 3 days. It\'s annoying. Since I have many and they\'re spread out all over the yard as opposed to being concentrated it looks insane and takes me about 40 minutes to cover everything with blankets, sheets, towels, bubble wrap, etc. Whatever is handy.

You wouldn\'t think cacti/Aloes/Agave freeze but they\'re quite frost sensitive and will die. I think my Madagascar Palms bit the dust. :( We\'ll see come Spring.
This freezing below 35 degrees (I give a few degrees leeway in case of a nighttime dip in temp) should stop in about 3 days. Above 36 I don\'t cover.

According to the weather forecast the deep freeze (ha-ha) should end by mid-late December. Jan is supposed to be above 37. We\'ll see. I know Feb we get back into the swing of things with our planting.

I\'ve been stock piling my brick and looking forward to adding to my raised beds. I\'m also planning on some new plants to add---closer together!

D.H. is fine. Today is his \"Friday\". Zoe is fine. Everyday is her \"Friday\". I\'ve been fine (Knock on wood). My mother is insane. (Nothing new).
O.K. anxious to hear about others. I\'ll try posting a pic and see what happens.

Peace. Out.
TTC

Song For the day: \"I Can\'t Get No Satisfaction\" by Rolling Stones! Hey, in the spirit of the New DG could resist! :D