Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of AUSSIE BROMS LOOKING TO SUMMER.... Nov 2015
77sunset wrote:
Good morning.
Its a bit cool here with the wind, but the sun is lovely. The last week has been cloudy but very little rain. Time to get back to watering the plants in the garden bed again.
I have put a new lot of sugar cane mulch on everything as it does a great job at keeping things from drying out.

Teresa, I gave up on the liliums when I moved. Too much to have them in pots and looking empty for most of the year. They do better in the ground anyway. Hopefully the new owners of the old place will like them and care for them.
How is Miss MIschief going ?
Getting up to any new tricks ?
I hope the wind goes away for you. It can really ruin plants , but I guess we have to live with what mother Nature wants and not what we would like ....lol

Nev, I hope you are having a nice rest after having the grandsons over. Always nice to see them but I bet you like that rest after...lol
I am not looking forward to the really hot days as summer finally decides to arrive.
Usually though, its only a few days of very hot weather among more of the cooler days. It can get really cold too.
Still, its better being hot than cold for me.
My broms are all looking great as they get more & more sun each day.
I am pleased to see that after moving a few plants around, I can now spread the larger broms out a bit.
I can always squish them back together in a bit of shelter for the winter again.
Nothing new going on here. I am off to do a bit of shopping then I may spend some time sitting out in the sun with some of my craft work.

Hello to Brian and Trish..

some old pics of vrieseas...fosteriana rubra, Bobby, Elysian Kandy, Kiwi Cream.

take care
Jean.