Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Yes, TTC, the plants arrived in great shape. Much thanks. I picked up some cactus mix from Home Depot. My local nursery did not carry it. He mainly does commercial work. The plants are in pots in the GH for now. We don’t have any south or east facing windows that work well for plants in the house though we may by the time I’m finished with the remodel.
Sorry you didn’t get a last bit of southwestern sun before New England winter sets in, Carrie. Was the concert worth the trip?
Do I understand things right, Beth? It is your garden helper’s wife who died? He with the back problems? Why do problems and personal disasters never hit one at a time? Life piles them on sometimes.
Tigger went off the deep end and will need long term hospitalization. Her problems are too advanced for us to manage at home. A person in a manic state can go for days without sleep, but we relatively normal types need our sleep. We can’t watch her 24-hours a day and that’s what she needs at this time. She is in police custody at the moment. She stole Amargia’s work truck and went in search of a high. Evidently, she found one. The police had to taze her to make the arrest. The police charged her with unauthorized use instead of grand theft auto. She will, at least, not have a felony charge on her record. There are many misdemeanor charges, however, including resisting arrest, driving without a license and probably reckless endangerment. She was on medication. She was released from the hospital only 12 hours before she went on her rampage. I doubt the authorities will cut her much slack. Isn’t there an Arab curse that goes: “May you live in interesting times.” Life has been way to interesting for my taste lately. I could do with some boredom.
Kay is scheduled for a CT guided renal tissue biopsy Tuesday morning and will be able to come home that evening if there are no complications. She is happy and active today. We just discovered we are going to be grandparents again sometime next July. Our youngest biological grandchild is nine and the oldest will be graduating from college in June. We were not expecting any more. Mama is in her mid-thirties and in excellent health. This new little boy or girl will be grandchild #7. I guess we will be heading up to New York next summer.
Here’s our take on euonymus, the Japanese variegated variety. I was determined to have fall foliage color and tried a burning bush. It never color up well here. After reading Carrie’s article on the subject, I was glad I relegated it to the compost pile. The Japanese variegated variety is well behaved so far.