Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Well....it is so nice to hear from all.

Susan, so nice to know you made it back and are doing well and settling in. :D

Carrie....RIGHT ON! See, Wise Cactus's "in" with the big boys upstairs helped! Told you he was rooting for you (ha-ha made a pun!)

Zoe said, "Doggy smiles and petting, laughter, treats and squeaky toys are the cure to all that's wrong in life. Oh, and if you can't eat it, or play with it then pee on it and walk away! That includes doctors!"

Sometimes I think our pets are smarter than we are. I've never seen a dog with an ulcer have you?

Bets....Swim girl swim! Like I said got cacti and sunshine (don't tell where to stick either one...*grin*) You're welcome to head out this way and dry off a bit. Like I said, you'll get your revenge when we're cooking in 110-118 degrees in about 6-7 months. Just keep playing "sunshine songs!"

Jim and family,
Hope all is well with you guys and the kids and the home renovations. Got out a small box and found a block of Styrofoam for the bottom. I'm going to be putting the crab cactus in a little pot with some fresh soil for you and stabilizing it on the Styrofoam. Around that I'll have either some peanuts of bubble wrap. The plant will be well protected.

I'll be sending it out some time during the week of the 12th through 17th. I'll let you know what day it goes out so you can watch for it. Would you prefer U.P.S. (OOPS as I call them) or U.S.P.S.? Let me know.

Have a happy day.

Oh...here's the surprise I was treated to this morning. :D My bubble decided to happy ambush me!

Peace. Out.
TTC

Oh, song for the day: "Ever Fallen In Love?" by the Fine Young Cannibals.

Song is wonderful. Not apropos for the day but I heard it earlier and it just stuck with me. FYC is such an amazing band. Roland Gift the singer has such an intriguing and curious soulful voice and the music is fabulous.
Actually the whole C.D. has been a hit. Every one of their songs on that one (The Raw and The Cooked) got major air play and crossed pop, rock, soul/R. & B. and new wave-alternative air wave barriers. They were one of my favorites in college in the late 80s. Still are.