Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to satisfy my curiosity, Carrie. From what I’ve read, nothing about MS is simple. I was wondering because I remembered reading somewhere that practicing doctors and researchers were still not in total agreement about the root cause of MS and symptoms aren’t confined to any medical specialization. I guess the majority of symptoms do fall into the realm of neurology.

TTC, the crab cactus is really cool looking and I like the variegation on the last one. Agave will grow here, but they are shorter lived and not as spectacular as they are in the southwest.

I pushed a little too hard yesterday. This is a recovery day. Kay is moving the tropicals into the greenhouse.

The anise hyssop (Agastache) looks like it is about to bloom. It’s a honeybee favorite. The Mexican hydrangea is re-blooming. It is a pity it is so aggressive and has to go. An angel’s trumpet is also re-blooming. It has to go too unfortunately. I can’t risk the toxic pollen getting into the honey.

Nadine gets into more of a cooking mood when the weather starts cooling off. This is the time of year when she tries out the new recipes that caught her eye over the summer. Her latest tasty experiment was Cinnamon/Butterscotch Pie made from scratch. During the summer such a pie would have a ready-made crust and a Jello pudding/Dream Whip filling. There is little possibility of my losing weight between October and January. The best I can hope for is not to gain any more weight.

(Jim)