Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening: DAILY PICTURES # 111, 1 by Lily_love

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Lily_love

In reply to: DAILY PICTURES # 111

Forum: Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of DAILY PICTURES # 111
Lily_love wrote:
NAN, I really don't have any experience with the "Chinese Lanterns" that popped up in your yard. For zone 5 and the seed strayed, I'd be cautious for its invasiveness, however. It's the 'Love in a Puff' stuffs that I'm referring to is, to me such a "Love". :))

I've a native plant that recently identified by a fellow DG member as noxious weed to our Southern regions. But its flowers were so delicate in appearance, and the blooms are orchid-like. It popped up in my bog plant container. There it will stay for I haven't seen it behaving rambunctious in any way. That said, I'm cautious and try to be careful not to spread noxious weeds into the environment. Birds and wild life, as well as the winds will do the spreading naturally without our help.

Pix below to share what my butterfly house was used for last year in early September. Also, just to share with you and others, those exotic looking tropical flowers can be raised successfully -- with little special care, and frost protection in colder climate. Such as the 'Queen Emma' crinum as shown.

Happy BF gardening all.