Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi gang, :D
Anyone alive and out there? Hope everyone is feeling well.
I am happy to report that my little cacti above with the red flower now has 3 more buds! All different sizes which means they'll bloom at different times. That's good since the flowers typically last a day...maybe 2 if you're lucky. Makes you wonder how these things reproduce and stay alive doesn't it?

Well once again little Agave here busted her butt lifting, rearranging, and flipping brick around. Considering my one bed is comprised of 4 layers of brick and goes about 7 feet long by 3 feet 6 inches wide that was A LOT of brick.
I then proceeded to use my Quickcrete in a tube and caulk each and every brick in place. This meant lifting each one again and setting it back down, lift a brick set down, lift a brick then set down. My everything aches. Can't imagine why can you? My hands are especially sore. I used gloves so the brick wasn't the issue. Squeezing cement out of a tube using a caulk gun was. Cement in a tube isn't exactly liquid, fluid or particularly fast moving. Took a lot of effort and force to squeeze the handle. Hands really ache. My back by my shoulder blades is really achy. Muscle sore, not like I pulled anything or hurt backbone.

Today I'm going to knock off the brick. Give my hands a break. I only have one layer to cement onto the second connecting bed so that won't be too hard. I'll do that in the next day or two. I'm out of brick after that. So moving on with the project will have to wait until I can get to the store and/or have money to buy more brick. I will get it finished. In little dibs and dabs I can add on to it throughout "Winter" here. That's how I did my last back yard. Keeps me busy and out of trouble until Spring when I can go plant crazy! :D

O.K. hope all is well. Talk to you soon.
Tired Agavegirl

Pic #1 Ever have days where you feel like this?
Pic #2 &3 Imitation is the highest form of flattery. I'm planning on imitating Zoe today.