Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: developing a new strain of crop - food plants, 1 by fourteenmilecreek

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fourteenmilecreek

In reply to: developing a new strain of crop - food plants

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  developing a new strain of crop - food plants
fourteenmilecreek wrote:
Heavy Hitter Okra seeds are not commercially available, although I have had offers from Baker Creek Seed Company, and Rasi Seeds, of India. Currently, I am the sole supplier of Heavy Hitter seeds. As I developed this strain here on our Certified Organic farm, and only grow a limited supply. My garden is only a quarter acre, so I have limited space. I also grow 300 caged tomato plants, cucumbers, pumpkins, squash, turnips, radishes, lettuce, beans, peas, beets, corn, onions, cabbage, sweet potatoes, Irish potatoes, peppers, egg plants, watermelons, cantaloupe, sheep sorrel, rabbit tobacco, poke, wild onions, fruit trees, and morel mushrooms. So, I don't have much room left for okra. I grow about 1,500 okra plants in 150' foot rows, and still plow with a mule. (It's hard to keep up with demand). I sell vegetables to grocery stores, the City Hospital, and occasionally the Farmers' Market. Plus, I give a lot away to my neighbors, and relatives.

You can contact me by email for further details at: heavyhitterokra@gmail.com or view my Heavy Hitter Okra thread at the following website: green country seed savers