Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: September-Preparing for Fall

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September-Preparing for Fall
billyporter wrote:
Patti,
LOL! I guess I better try harder to keep up.
I'll bet not a kitten was to be seen when you went to look for the noise :o)
Oh wow, what a nice haul on shrubs! You will need Jamie for sure.
We had stumps ground quite a few years back and I did use it as mulch.
Yayy on the garage door!
Oh, I think a comfy bed is the best and I always sleep with a blanket year round. Always have.

Will,
What is your temp job?

Ronna,
I love nostalgic things too. I also had a galvanized watering can from home, but it sprung a leak and I gave it back. I found it was too heavy to use for watering, even in my stronger days. Same with the bucket.
I like wines with a bit of heat, and sweetness. It sounds like you have a great time.
My flower beds are all becoming overgrown. It's why I have tubs of phlox in the garden right now to go in another place. I just need time to do it.

Happ,
Seven counties to the East and one up, and there I would be, lol! I see it's not a huge place. Three times the size of my town. I'll bet it was nice to go to the swap.
Love what you are going to do and love old pulleys! It reminds me of watching Grandpa put up hay.
I love your shelf! It's a perfect way to display you cans, and what a nice collection!
I use notepad and have it saved to my desktop. That way, I never lose my posts. Usually about this time Dad comes and I only have a couple posts left to do, but need to shut down. It's the only way I do not lose what I've done, lol!

Patti,
Make the call before you do any real damage. The year is winding down and what's left to do outside will not matter so much. Your hip does. If you can't bend, then you do have a problem. Best to see what your surgeon says and plan around it. I'm sorry it's giving you trouble.

Happ,
It's just been a year like that for all of us. I have tons to do too. What will get done? I don't even know yet.
Magic glasses on. I think it's going to be a really neat entry, but if you need help, just ask DH and then tell him that was all you needed, lol!
I still have a hummer or two. They are leaving. I don't have many flowers left for them to eat so they need to move on.
Cypress vine is very beautiful! I still have very old seed from my great aunt. I helped her put twine on her garage one year to grow it up and I can't let the seed go.

Oh Pepper,
I am so very sorry for them. I can't imagine how they or that sweet little girl are going to handle it. Prayers going out.

Patti,
Nothing wrong a second opinion and trying a new surgeon... Sometimes I think they just do standard procedures without understanding your lifestyle. They should have done a more extensive surgery in the first place. That's my opinion anyway.

~ to Betty and Ju. I imagine both are just busy.

It was busy, but we survived the weekend.

We made 6 gallons of apple juice and I got it all canned. These were early apples ripe on the tree and drops. Some of the mix smells like cinnamon and the juice was really dark, but boy, is it good!

Friends borrowed my China cap to do tomatoes given to them. They were also given a lot of canning jars and canners from family giving it up. Later he brought me a big bag of green beans. They planted 3, 25' rows and were beaned out, lol! I canned two quart of my own first picking and 10 of theirs. DGD helped snap. DGS was still sleeping :o) Grandpa helped nip.

Needless to say we both slept in this morning.

I see DH has the ladder out and is picking peaches. They taste good this year, except a lot have rotten centers. Too much rain.

I better get up and get busy.

Have a quiet, beautiful Sunday.

Master and Miss Potato Head came to visit :o)

Me and the cider press. All but tow buckets held apples. Two were for garbage.