Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Beth, I hope your alligator eating experience was better than mine. I tried deep fried gator tail last time we were in the Everglades. The taste was okay, but chewing it was a chore. It was so rubbery it was like trying to chew up a super ball. I’ll stick to seafood gumbo next visit.

Go Grandma! I love bread pudding still warm from the oven and chocolate chip cookies when the chips are still warm enough to be a little gooey.

It sounds like you could be frightening when you get mad, TTC. You might have scared some manners into your young guest. J I’m with Carrie. Taste like brownie? No problem!

Kay lost her cool when a pumpkin roll cracked during rolling before a party. Nadi turned it into a pumpkin roll cake and it was gone halfway through the evening. Who cared. Reality check. People eat pumpkin roll for the cream cheese filling and the cake had a little more of that. Now we have pumpkin roll cake every Christmas.

When I was doing research on eating locavore, I came across a story about a bad night at Chez Penisse, Alice Waters’ restraint in Berkeley. Someone scorched the mushroom soup and it was put on the table as Smoky Mushroom Soup. It worked. They got rave reviews for their soup that night.

I heard somewhere late August and September are the most common birth times in this country. It must be all the peace and good will toward men nine months earlier.

The kids buy me a blooming onion and a funnel cake for my prize winning skills. I hang out in the livestock barn with all the other animals of impressive girth while the kids do all the rides. Nadi’s father spent years as a carnie and told me stories of those days. I’ve never been on an amusement ride since. lol.

It was rainy this morning and Kay and I both slept in. We had a very productive day yesterday meaning we were both exhausted and happy to get the morning off. Kay was stung by a wasp. She took an allergy tab immediately and dressed the Wound with one of her witchy kitchen treatments. No visit to the ER necessary so far. I don’t know how anyone can get along so well with bees, but hate wasp. Kay and the wasp are in a constant state of war.

(Jim)

Not Amargia,s oriental garden but I love it.