Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #20 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
I became a total slouch where clothes are concerned after I got out of the AF. I’m a Dockers and polo shirts kind of guy now. I haven’t worn a watch in years. Over 20 years in a uniform will do that to a person. Kay teases me because I don’t tie a tie very well. In the military you always wore clip-on ties. A piece of material wrapped around the neck is very convenient for an enemy who wants to choke you.
I was a 198 lb. bean pole when I went into the military. I will be satisfied to get back to 240 lbs., the weight I was in my 30’s. I have the typical beer belly. That isn’t fair since I didn’t get to drink beer to get it. Kay calls it a brown and beige food belly. I was a meat and potatoes guy. She refuses to count catsup and pickles as vegetables. My plate is very colorful now and the weight is coming off slowly.
Hey, Beth, are you still with us? this is just an idea, but would those leg sleeves the nurses put around your legs in the hospital after surgery to prevent blood clots help? I think I remember a nurse calling the unit an SCD, but I’m not positive.
There has been no more harassment from the neighbor since the mailbox incident. Threatening to give Amargia Farm to one of their brother’s victims if the harassment didn’t stop, the postal service’s refusal to be a part of the nonsense and filing a police report has apparently done the trick. The stupid cameras are gone and there have been no more incidents.
It is cool enough to get back outside for a while. Catch all of you later.
(Jim)
Photo: A rose.