Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.. I have just spent a frustrating half hour try to load paper into the new printer.
Its a good printer 9 HP) which brand I had before for many years until it started to fade from old age.
Its just that these days you are expected to grasp the workings of these devices with not much instruction.
I am not dumb by any means but I do like a proper instruction book.
I love the way some devices have instructions to check on the net, but what if you cant get on the net.....lol

Anyway, I eventually sussed it out with the help of the pretty little pics on the printer itself.
I have never seen a printer where the paper goes in at the same place the printed paper comes out.
You learn something new every day..
Anyway its working properly now.

Nev, I cannot just sit around and watch TV without doing something with my hands, hence the new hobby of making all the felt toys etc.
The teddy was an experiment as I had to adapt a sewing machine pattern to hand sewing .

I have been asked to make a tea cosy in felt for one of the ladies at my group.
I went over to Hamilton to get the right color felt . It has been showery all korning too.
No snow and even with the rain, still a bit warmer than it has been.
Teresa, please keep your snow.
I saw plenty when I lived up at Bright , at the foot of Mt Buffalo.
It often got cold enough to snow in town. Very pretty to see on the mountain tops, but not so nice to be in it.

Nev, my favorite of your posters for the show is pic 1. It is so pretty and shows the part of broms not many notice so much.
Lovely flowers.

Brian, we all on here know what is going to happen at your place...
That shadehouse is going to be so full you will need another.....lol
I was lucky at my old house that there was plenty of room and I had a very patient hubby.
I ended up with 7 in total. Two were over 30 foot long...
I miss them with all the plants, but being sensible, I realise, it was the best thing to do , in selling the old house after my dear hubby died.
I would not have been able to care for such a large area on my own and I would have hated to see it all neglected.

Trish, I just knew you and your mum would be hovering over the post until those seeds arrived.
I can see you both still hovering as you watch them grow.

Better go and make a start on that tea cosy and have a cuppa.
More old pics today.
I did take some but keep forgetting to get the camera from the car where I left it.

some of the nidulariums I had.

Keep warm
Jean