Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015, 1 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of LOOKING FOR SPRING..... BROMELIADS 2015
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Went down to the local Aldi store to get a lawn mower they had on sale yesterday morning and there must have been 50 people waiting in line. It was weird, when they opened the doors they all rushed inside to grab the items they were after and then were trying to stuff all these huge boxes into their cars, strange place.

Nev, we also have a Masters hardware up here as well as the Bunnings store and while they sell a lot of extra things like whitegoods the car park never seems full. The Bunnings car park is always full. Maybe price is a factor, and I thinks people become familiar with the store layout and brand names.
I hope you are getting around a bit easier and you don't get too much damage to your plants from the cold. I also have a few showing the effects of the cold weather but have been surprised with others that you think would have a problem but haven't.
Hold on to that computer guy, $60 p/h less pensioner rate sounds good to me.
I like the colouring of the Neophytum 'Galactic Warrior' in your last post.

Teresa , glad to hear you are enjoying your new job. I think the checkout operator at the large supermarkets would be a hard job. I don't think I would last one shift without abusing someone, especially having to stand there with a bloody smile on your face as well.
I hope all is well with Sugar.

Trish, Manoa Beauty is a nice looking plant. 7 degrees is getting down there for Nth Qld, does anyone even own a heater up that way. This winter must be a cold one if you and your girls are sitting there in bunny rugs in Townsville.

Jean, the Vr. Maroon Shadow is a nicely coloured plant. It would be good to see some pics of your other variety of plants once everything warms up.

Anyway, the sun is up so better be off and do some things.

Pics are a of the shade house up the back that I started again yesterday, hopefully will get it levelled off and cloth on this week. Some daylight after work would be handy.