Hybridizers: It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6, 1 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6

Forum: Hybridizers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6
brendak654 wrote:
ZM - Hope you have had some seriously needed rain by today. We had an inch and a half this morn which makes for nearly 13 inches here for the month of July. I'm thinking that since you are to the west of here, that maybe you had rain, too? That may be a record quantity for July for us as it is more often dry in July than wet. But I'm not complaining. I'm not bragging either. My Wetland Garden, where I plant my late zinnias, has been under water 4 times since early June when I planted zinnias there. Good thing zinnia are on ridges. Part of that garden was standing in water until yesterday, now part of it is standing in water again. Oh well - Will take what we get and be happy with it.

I always enjoy your zinnia photos and I enjoy seeing what you are capable of coming up with with your hybridizing. Again, your white zinnia #2, is more white than any other white zinnia I have ever seen. The white in center of #5 soft yellow cactus zinnia is interesting. Your Razzle Dazzles only compare to the 4th of July fireworks. A WOW, for sure.

You gave me info on locating Whirlygig Zinnias from Stokes and here is what I have - straight from their seed packet to bloom. I must say, I like the quality of Stokes seeds and the outcome. Thanks for sharing that info.

Enjoying hybridizing and seeing the final results.