Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Thailand - new house surrounded by dirt - how to landscape!, 1 by robsamui

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright robsamui

In reply to: Thailand - new house surrounded by dirt - how to landscape!

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Thailand - new house surrounded by dirt - how to landscape!
robsamui wrote:
So far so good.

I must gravel the entrance, and the area to the car port, as it gets boggy in places when wet. So that dictates right away the part left to play with. (Grey area on the sketch.)

The big fruit tree is something of an island. So now I'm thinking about lowering some parts around it - and then using the sand/soil from this to raise other parts - particularly around the front boundary.

Raise the outer corner (where the scrubby bushes meets the banana trees) and dump some big rocks in the raised corner. A water feature here flowing down the rocks into a pond at a lower level with a walkway over, and a grassy bank coming down to it from the higher level of the tree island.

The far side of the tree alongside the raised sun patio can have an echoed treatment, with the water being circulated between the rocky waterfall and the two ponds.

At the same time that the boundaries are being raised at the edges from the dug out soil, I can bed a series of chunks of timber into the soil - there a sawmill not far away which just scraps the outer slides on both sides of the logs. I can then set climbing vines to go up and across between them.

That gives me a basic terraform - no thought at this point about what plants to use . . . that'll come later.

How's that sound for a starter plan??

R