Perennials: Favorite hardy geranium, 1 by Sequoiadendron4

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sequoiadendron4

In reply to: Favorite hardy geranium

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Favorite hardy geranium
Sequoiadendron4 wrote:
Wow, I must have missed this great thread last year. Pistil, I looked up that Geranium phaeum 'Lily Lovell' and LOVE it. I'll have to start my 2016 wish list with that one for sure. My 'Sambor' did so well this year and it has grown huge. It gets part sun. What kind of sun do yours get? I'd like to try it in full shade as well. I got four new geraniums this year to add to my collection. My favorite one is supposed to be a Geranium wlassovianum (pic 3) but I don't think it is. Either way, the blooms are gorgeous. I have a pic of one bloom below. Most of the blooms are white, a few are white and lavender, and some are just lavender. One of my favorite ones is my 'Johnson's Blue' (pic 1). I have that planted in full shade and it sprawls ALL over but that is why I love it so much. My beds are a typical 'cottage garden' style and it's so cool to see blue blooms several feet away from the plant. It does so well there I might get a couple more. For best individual blooms, I'd have to go with 'Ballerina' (pic 2). The plant is fairly small though.