Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners , 1 by seacanepain

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright seacanepain

In reply to: #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of #19 Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners
seacanepain wrote:
Hey AgaveGirl1. Welcome to the thread. We are on the same page concerning future plans for the land. Great minds think alike. ;-)

Most apiaries consist of many small bee yards spread out over several counties. Local beekeepers would jump at the chance to have hives pastured here.

I miss the New Mexico desert sometimes, but then I’m into plant structure and foliage more than flowers. Well, except for daylilies.

Confusion has been Kay’s middle name lately, Carrie. (Oh no! Another name.) Adjusting to being physically frail may be harder for her than adapting to blindness was. I think losing a physical ability IS comparible to Elisabeth Kübler-Ross’s five step grieving process. It seems more complicated because the process has to be gone through every time a physical function is lost instead of just once. What I asked her to thank you for was reminding me my account here was in the name of seacanepain. I started using a single user name for all my website accounts for simplicity, but I forgot my account here wasn’t active at the time I did that. When I used seacanepain instead of the user name I’ve been using, everything clicked into place and here I am. It feels good to be seacanepain again and I know it makes admin happier. Nadi says Sansai87 is with you in spirit because Sansai makes what I write readable. Isn’t dyslexia considered among the invisible disabilities?

I’ve missed you, Katie. It is great to see you back.

Are you still with us BetNC or did we scare you off. I was curious to know how your tomato jungle is doing? I want the new house and yard to be small and have been thinking about growing tomatoes in containers.

(Jim)