Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Lilies: yellow stargazer, 1 by boojum

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright boojum

In reply to: yellow stargazer

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of yellow stargazer
boojum wrote:
I have lots of new gardens and several refurbished ones with many different perennials. I moved here in the country a year and a half ago from the booming metropolis of Shelburne Falls to a 6 year neglected garden. And it's now pretty much under control!! And I'm exhausted. I'm steering clear of any plants I can't control. My big shows are siberian irises (and various species), japanese irises, roses (recent), daylilies, and clumps of Casa Blanca and many Arenas. I also have asiatics-Dancing Eyes, Motenegro, chianti, a pale yellow and a peach. And a red turk's cap and canada lilies from the field. During this season, I don't like pink with orange or bright yellow which leaves out many oriental lilies cause so many are pink. Thus the search for pale yellow lillies to partner with Arena. My house is white and Arena is almost lost against it so I thought the yellow would bring out the stripes in Arena while showing up against the house. I would prefer Orientals cause they would bloom the same time hopefully, but I've been lusting after an expensive orienpet lily named "Georgette." Do you know her? Do orienpets bloom before orientals? Do you know a place where I could get bulbs under $12.50 a pop??? The yellow stargazer would be a compromise solution.