Irises: The Polly Kinsman Memorial , 1 by mittsy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mittsy

Subject: The Polly Kinsman Memorial

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Polly Kinsman Memorial
mittsy wrote:
I received permission to honor Polly Kinsman with a Memorial Garden of Siberian Irises.

This was my response from the WKBG (Western KY Botanical Garden) in Owensboro, KY
"The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden would be honored to host the Polly Kinsman Memorial Garden.
Do you have an idea of the size plot that would be needed."

I have already found a "foster" gardener (Nanny23) willing to take my collection of 40 + Siberians and keep them for two to three years. It is Annette Harvey, in KY. I will be asking for specific Siberian irises that I know Polly was very fond of to round out the collection. It is very important that all donations be true to name, as engraved signage will be placed with each plant.
I am anticipating a collection of between 50 and 75 different varieties. I am hoping they will situate the Siberian irises on the far side of the already situated Japanese irises, near the pond and windmill. If you would like to offer a plant or help with the entrance sign please post here or contact me by dmail. Donations can be made through the WKBG website. I will post a link as soon as it is given to me.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2015 7:11 AM