Central Midwest Gardening: Flowers in bloom and garden combos, 1 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

Subject: Flowers in bloom and garden combos

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Flowers in bloom and garden combos
brendak654 wrote:
Wow - today was the day that hubby and I were going to plant our annual wildlife foodplot, but we were quickly rained out. We had looked at the doplar radar and rain seemed a fair distance away. Wrong! Plans changed and soon I found myself at an antique shop, miles from home, and what would I be looking for other than something garden related. I ended up buying 3 garden books that kept me entertained until I discovered from one of the books that I needed a small tea pot to make a bird house that might just attract a wren, or a ? Wouldn't you know, I came home with 3 book and 3 teapots. Found teapots at two other antique spots. What fun! Anyhow hopefully this post can be all about gardening with lots of color. Let me share some color from my garden taken this eve. The Asiatic's in the first photo are bulbs bought on clearance last year for a song. Well - almost a song. Very inexpensive and well worth the wait. The picture doesn't do them justice. I've got them a little crowded. But that seems to be what I do - crowd things in. The second picture is the only hollyhock that I have blooming - a single. The plant must be at least 15 feet tall. At least the wind hasn't taken it down yet. The 3rd picture has the red Knockouts in it - gosh everyone should have a few Knockouts. The #4 photo I wanted you to see my circle of ground cover under the large cypress trees. Guess what the ground cover is............... #5 photo has a combo mix that will be prettier when it all blooms or some people would think it might be a little too color mixed up. Anyhow - Give feedback and let's see your flowers, your gardens, your trees??

brenda