Central Midwest Gardening: May Rains Bring More Colors, 5 by happgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happgarden

In reply to: May Rains Bring More Colors

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of May Rains Bring More Colors
happgarden wrote:
GB you surely do have your hands full for sure. Good thing you are tough and just keep barreling thru it all. Hang in there.

The plant sale is OVER! yeah. Not one plant over 5.00, you name it I think we had it. Daylilies, hostas, coneflowers, rose of sharon shrubs, curley weeping willow tree, clematis vines, hardy ferns, cannas, on and on. The FFA kids had a great assortment of annuals. Tell you the first hour reminded me of the 'old' black Fridays!!! Almost scary. lol It started at 8 course we were there by 7 and ended at 2 and we had to clean up afterward. I was shot when I got home and of course had to unload the plants I bought....lol

You guys talking about the weeds, I was shocked yesterday morning when I looked! There were a couple of places I had weeded but hadn't put mulch down yet and the weeds were already taller than the plants. Suppose to have sun and wind and that should help dry things up.

Hey Will I am talking to my nephew about doing one of those tiny houses, maybe that is what you should do! Seems like the way to go to me. I could do it in a heart beat for one person, not sure two of us could live in those close quarters in the winter. lol Boy still don't like the color of the rose, glad someone else does tho....lol

1st pic a fountain one of the mbrs made, he broke a leaf and sold the whole thing for 25.00 including pump.
2nd pic more leafs he made and sold for 10.00 a couple had pipes and a pump and I thing they were 12 or 15
3rd pic this is while we were setting up on friday I forgot to take pics when we were done on Saturday morning, there wasn't an empty spot on any of the tables.
Setup are the rest of them.