Photo by Melody

Specialty Gardening: Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures), 1 by Wifeygirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Wifeygirl

In reply to: Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures)

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bare Dirt to Cottage Garden (in Pictures)
Wifeygirl wrote:
It's so pretty, Psych! You're right, they're so bright. And I love the spotted throats!
It's funny, my MIL and I have been staring at those foxglove clumps for so long. She told me that she has been tearing them out of her garden for years because they never bloom! LOL.

I'm hoping it'll be like my Hollyhocks, where if I get enough of them reseeding then I'll always have a few developing and a few blooming in the garden. =D

I'm really kind of sad about my Hollyhocks right now. They've been so gorgeous and healthy, but while the blooms themselves are gorgeous, the leaves keep curling, and they have black marks on them - it's clear they have some sort of disease. At first I thought I wasn't watering them enough, but I think that's not the case. It's so sad seeing this tall plants with such beautiful flowers, but without the lush foliage to go with them. =/

I've never looked at Stargazer Lily before, but just looked it up. I like the foliage! I figured it'd be similar to most bulb foliage, those long straight leaves that I'm not a fan of, but I like the Stargazer much more! Plus, it seems like the flower-to-foliage ratio is really good on that one!

This message was edited Apr 21, 2015 7:13 AM