Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyanisme

In reply to: APRIL 2015 - SHOWERS & FLOWERS

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of APRIL 2015 - SHOWERS & FLOWERS
dyanisme wrote:
Hello!

Can I show off some pretties? *grin* Not everything survived the winter, but those that did....... oh! They're looking nice!

The first ones are something called 'Palace Purple' (coral bells heuchera, if you want the fancy name). The first picture is from a couple of weeks back, and this is generally how they looked all last summer. I was sure they were dying, so I basically wrote off that part of my garden and ignored them last year. So I was very surprised to see them this spring. Unfortunately, they still looked all crispy and nasty like last year and I didn't give them much of a shot. BUT then last week. BOOM! They came to life. Now, if only I could figure out what made the difference. LOL Because I'm guessing that in a couple of weeks, they'll look all nasty and crispy again.

All three of my Russian sages are alive! And, if I say so myself, they are looking pretty darned good. I wish that I hadn't pruned them. But oh well; I'll know better next year.

And my yarrows are simply beautiful! They seem to have taken off like ........ I dunno what, but there they are in all their glory.