Photo by Melody

Tomatoes & Peppers: Tomato mini-plants and hardening off???, 1 by BetNC

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BetNC

In reply to: Tomato mini-plants and hardening off???

Forum: Tomatoes & Peppers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Tomato mini-plants and hardening off???
BetNC wrote:
jmc Now you done scared me! In another 3 weeks, I'll have monsters, too!! OH NO!! What WAS I thinking???

my DIY gro station is a simple frame of PVC pipe and a 4 ft heavy-duty 4 bulb t8 shoplight ($49 @ Home Depot) on a simple, cheap timer(also Home Depot). Also four ft linear flourescent Daylight bulbs (K 4700? and 3750 lumens?) The shoplight was the most expensive item and the PVC pipe was the cheapest!

Here's the YouTube videos I followed (For uprights after two weeks you'll want/need longer PVC pieces and a reflective survival blanket to tape on the long horizontal pipe, making an lean-to structure -Walmart camping section, $1-2). Come to think of it, you prolly already have/use some type of light-reflecting thing for your monsters!!! hahaha

[HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]
[HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]

Here's some pics of mine in use the first few weeks or so (each set=up easily accomadates 2 1020 flats-horizontal to the shoplight- for initial germination and new seedlings, with a max capacity of 5 1020 flats of potted-up seedlings in 8-oz coffee cups-20 per flat-, perpindicular to the shopplight. . .

ps: my 30 tomato mini-plants in 18 oz "Solo cups" take up 2 1020 flats!