Image Copyright marsue

Subject: April is Awesome!!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April is Awesome!!
marsue wrote:
New month, new thread! We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1387741/#new

Join us with your chat and info about all things gardening and miscellaneous "stuff", as well. :)
I'm re-posting my last post in the March thread. Feel free to do the same.

"Yesterday I discovered that my entire shade garden with the tire planters in it had been burned over! :((( Al sheepishly admitted that while he was burning leaves, the fire got away from him and jumped into the leaves in the shade bed which I had not yet cleaned out. Burned over were 2 nandinas which were on the sun end of that bed, along with a clematis and a couple of hollyhocks. In the shade area, I lost 2 hydrangeas, 2 azaleas, some hostas, several heucheras, columbines, woodland phlox and I can't remember what all. The only thing untouched was the one big heuchera in the very top tire of the tire pyramid. BUT it is a good excuse for me to buy new plants! :D LOL

For Kathy Ann's RU in May, so far I know I will have Huskers Red Penstemon, Black-eyed Susan (rudbeckia), White Snakeroot and some various sedums and hopefully some gaillardia to share. Let me know if any of you want any of those if you plan to come to the RU on May 30th."

I'll start April off with a pic of a bouquet of daffodils: