Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads - Autumn 2015

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads - Autumn 2015
SBMLM wrote:
Hi all,

Been a busy weekend, thought we were going out on a tall ship harbour cruise on Saturday. It was looking good at the wharf with the replica ship sitting there, then our ancient ferry pulls up next to it and we have to get on it, lovely boat that it was.

We went to Goat island for a very interesting tour. It has a rich history dating back to the convict days where it was used as an ammunition and gun powder storage area. Today Parks and Wildlife run it but there is only one family that live there.

Jean, you must be psychic because as you were saying in your post that you could see shadehouses in the future I was removing some Murraya bushes to build one (pic below).
I hope these bushes tolerate being moved

Teresa, Sugar looks like she is body surfing the wave at the beach, either that or getting taken out. Looks like she loves the water.

Nev, yes the rest of the pics in the last post came from Wyee. They have an open day once a year, seems like they have quite a few shadehouses growing lots of large plants. Not as many plants as Arboglen who are the Flower Power growers, they have plants as far as you can see,
couldn't see any bromeliads though.

Trish, glad to hear you escaped any damage from all the cyclones recently, I suppose you get used to it every year.

Pic 1 I thought this one always was shriveled up, but looks like thats the way it is.
pics 2 - 4 My wife says I am wrecking the yard. She might be right.
Pic 5 One of Nev's plants Ae. red ribbons.

Brian