Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !, 1 by LakeLivingRos

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LakeLivingRos

In reply to: HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of HELP !!! I HAVE MOLES ! ! !
LakeLivingRos wrote:
OMG PISTIL you are AMAZING! Thank you SO MUCH for this information. I am going to actually print out what you wrote and keep it in my gardening journal and make a few copies to give to friends. This is just amazing I can't even describe to you how grateful I am for this information. :). I am going to try the apple trick, what a clever test.

I have been busy revamping areas where plants have been destroyed, which has taken a lot of time since things were really destroyed :(..

But it is good to know about preventative measures to protect plants. I like the idea of living peacefully by just removing top dirt of any mounds too. I think I have a mole and also voles.. as by the lake my neighbor has recently accumulated 20+ large mounds, but since he has a cement pathway separating our properties before my side garden, the recent mounds have not crossed over.. but the holes are still popping up.. I just have a tough time personally killing any life, so hopefully I can do the tests, let my dog hunt at night, and do preventative measures, plus enlist my neighbor (who has a gun) as a last resort to participate in the suggestions. I don't know if I have already mentioned this.. but someone around my neighborhood must feed racoons at their slider door, because I have had them try and get in my house before (but am pretty positive their actual home is not on my property).. but my neighbor keeps his slider open slightly for his cat to come and go, and whenever the racoons try and squeeze their head in through the slider (he sets the slider just wide enough for his cat to squeeze in) he shoots them in the head with a pellet gun. Apparently he did this 7 times last summer.. Attached are raccoon photos for your enjoyment.. good thing I woke up in time to close my slider as they were trying to get in!

Thank you so much again for taking the time for all the responses and the writing up the notes!