Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Another beautiful Autumn morning.
I have just been for my walk and enjoyed the quiet of a Sunday morning. No traffic around as yet. The main highway goes through town and can be very busy with lots of trucks. Its the main way to SA from Hamilton, so lots of large semis.
Its not loud up here on the hill but there is quite a bit of traffic on the road at the end of my street. It is a main road between towns, so can get busy at times .
Being in a plantation area, there are always plenty of timber semis back & forth.

My plants are all loving this fine cool weather and are growing like mad.
I have had to move some of the broms and brugmansias around as the brugs with their large leaves can completely shade the broms.

Not a lot going on , but I do enjoy my little piece of garden. The roses are all getting ready for an Autumn flush after being toasted in summer.
My cyclamens are waking up after a long sleep so will add color as they flower.

Brian, nice lot of new broms you have . I have aech La Tigra here. It was one I really liked so it came with me. A very tough brom which isnt bothered by sun. Mine hangs where it gets full afternoon sun for a few hours. The neo Blake Street Beauty is also one I like . I love the stripeys.

Nev, your day must have gone well with the sales. I hope lots were sold so you now have room for more...lol
Thank you for offering to make a list of small broms I may like.
I now have to sell or swap the large ones that need new homes.

Time I had a cuppa and a bit of breakfast.
See you all later.
Just a few pics today as I must get some new pics of my tills and vrieseas.

pic 1... aech La Tigra when it flowered last month. You can see the large pup which has been growing on mum since last Spring. A slow grower but very pretty.

pic 2...aech Aztec Gold and the mini recurvata. Both like being in the sun .

pic 3...neo Satsuma. It has 2 nice pups and also sits in the sun.
Jean.