Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. Not much news here at the moment. There is only so much one can do with just a few broms.
I was thinking I might just try and find a few of the ones that wont grow into giants, then maybe sell off the couple of lager ones I have. I love them, but can see them getting out of hand as they keep getting bigger. I need to look at how I will be able to handle the plants as time goes by.
If anyone can suggest a few pretty ones that like some sun and a lot of cold, I would be grateful.
I dont want to have large unwieldy plants that are too much for me to take care of properly.
Nothing worse than poor untidy plants.
I love the stripeys and those with lots of lovely dark spots.
If anyone has some spares of some neos that will not grow wider than about 9" , I would be happy to buy them. Better to get plants from those I know than eBay etc.
I like the neos because they sit nicely in pots and you can look down into them and see the color and flowers.
I dont have much hanging space for anyway.
from the look of how my broms are growing, it looks like all my favorites are going to go. I was a fan of the larger ones because I had the room and help of my Robert , but now those lovely large ones are going to give way to smaller ones. I look on the bright side, I can fit a few more in if they are smaller...lol

Its quite warm here even though overcast. We had a few nice showers early yesterday but the day was warm.
I have been out for my walk and looking at the gardens, we do need rain . It will come and we will be complaining about it. Typical humans.....

Teresa, if you Mum loves gardening she will fall in love with broms. I can see a few coming once she sees so many lovelies.
After all, some of the most beautiful are coming from NZ.

Nev, hope the day goes well for you with the sales at the weekend.
How did your problem solving day go ?
It would be an interesting thing for many growers as problems can come up that one doesnt see often, so help is always appreciated.

Brian, your broms are looking great. You will soon have them taking over more & more of your yard. It is certainly a pleasant addiction.

Better get myself moving as I have to do some shopping .

Hello to any I missed and take care , especially any in the cyclone areas.
A couple of old vriesea pics

pic 1.. vr Evita

pic 2...vr Barbara

pic 3... vr Orange Sundae

Jean.