Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 1 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Blowing its ring off here today off and on, can’t make up its mind but understandable with Cyclone ‘Nathan’ approaching the coast; too high up for us to get any rain weather man told us tonight but I am worried about my Niece and Great-Niece who live in Cairns so will have to give them a call and see what their plans are.

Hi Brian great to have been of help with Neo. ‘Domino’, it’s such a fantastic mini to have in one’s collection and I can’t get enough of it and have been reluctant to give any away because I want mine to clump up a bit before I cut any off. I have a pic of my ‘Domino’ on one of my hard drives so will look for it on the weekend and upload a pic for you for comparison but Nev has kindly provided a pic which is great to help with identifying.

Great to hear hanging some of your plants under the shade cloth is improving their colour, it’s always interesting to see what is achieved when moving them around but once you find the perfect spot for them it’s remembering not to move them; lucky for me I seem to remember the spots some of mine really like but remembering all their names is always a tad bit harder for me to remember.

Hi Nev I hope your “Problem Solving Workshop” went well and was a productive day for those that participated.

Nev that’s a fantastic example of how different a plant can look grown in different light and to me both are very appealing plants, I have my Bill. Hallelujah growing in different light conditions and the colours are different but not as different as the one’s in your Pic 3, what a truly amazing difference; I will have to try to get mine to even go lighter as would look fantastic around the garden. Bill. ‘Stephen Stone’ is gorgeous, any chance of you putting my name down for a pup whenever you get a spare please pretty please?

Thanks, great to hear Colleen and the Boys are well and look forward to seeing her post again when life returns back to normal again for her and I hope she does well selling some of her plants.

Hi Teresa great to hear you take after your mum when it comes to your luv for gardening, it’s always such a nice hobby to be able to share together and always nice to be able to bounce ideas off each other or share cuttings together. I am sure it won’t be long before you have your mum hooked on broms and great that she likes the pics we post on this forum. Have you looked into getting more Tills?

Anyway time to put the kettle on.

Pic 1 – Sedge Frog that live all over our garden, I adore them to bits and managed to get a good close up of one to share with everyone.
Pic 2 – Vrieasea but its name has slipped my mind sorry.
Pic 3 – Neo. ‘Prince of Bagdad’, just took 3 x beautiful pups off this one.
Pic 4 – Bill. ‘Hallelujah’ in flower.
Pic 5 – New seat under our Avocado Tree – work in progress how to position the bricks as lots of tree roots in the ground naturally; I might just mulch inner circle and put mini broms in pots to fill the gaps for now?

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish