Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Spring Plant Swap, 1 by Buttoneer

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Buttoneer

In reply to: Spring Plant Swap

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Spring Plant Swap
Buttoneer wrote:
Hi All. I'm really gonna try to get to this one because I missed the seed swap. One bad thing about the 2nd Saturday of the month is that one of Bob's gold prospecting clubs meets in Pottstown, Pa that date but I'm going to try anyway. Knee is all healed up now & Physical Therapy is over & I'm pretty much on my own. I must say it was an experience. They gave me a little too much oxycodone then morphine on top of that & I don't remember anything for a couple days. When they asked me what day it was, I told them "Pennsylvania." I guess if they asked me what state are we in, I would have told them "Monday." Bob had to feed & wash me those two days. I dreamed I was all tangled up in my sheets & pulled a couple IV's out. I rang for the nurses and they got the bleeding stopped, cleaned me & the bed up and the rest og the night was uneventful. They won't forget me after that. Anyway, it's over and I have spring, summer & fall to play in the garden. This little beauty opened up today. I paid $ 20.00 for it many years ago, it bloomed once they no blooms until last year. Hippeastrum papilio, the butterfly amaryllis. Sorry I cannot share or sell since it has a lot of growing to do after all those years of just sitting there. Button.