Photo by Melody

African Violets and Gesneriads: Want experienced opinons about double pots for AVs, 1 by KimsKreations1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright KimsKreations1

In reply to: Want experienced opinons about double pots for AVs

Forum: African Violets and Gesneriads

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Want experienced opinons about double pots for AVs
KimsKreations1 wrote:
I found that once I started growing AV's that it was inevitable that I set up a light stand and switched to growing in plastic nursery pots. I have just always found plastic more reliable for watering for some reason. I tend to over water so anything clay turns green and gets gross so I just keep it simple.

I really think your idea will work though :)

I do hand water everything but the number I hand water is probably around 200 which sounds like a lot but goes quickly as they are side by side on a light stand and I have a step stool for the top shelf and the other 300 are either sprouting tubers or seedlings which are in domes and don't need to be watered everyday.

I found these really cool plastic nursery pots at a salvage store where I live and I burned a hole in the bottom of each one. These are what I grow all of my plants in.

It's so cool how we each grow differently, in different environments and yet AV's seem to thrive everywhere :)

Good luck!