Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Home projects for winter, 1 by donnerville

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright donnerville

In reply to: Home projects for winter

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Home projects for winter
donnerville wrote:
Wow! So many projects! This is such a dynamic group :o).

I just put up some window curtains last weekend. Didn't consider it a winter project because it took me 7 years to figure out what to do with those windows.

The curtains (4 panels of 18' curtains) are of a very soft sheer material. To me, they were difficult to sew, considering my sew skills are limited to straight lines that cannot be examined closely.

Cutting the curtains to the right length was challenging too, which involved me, nephew, a straight ruler, a tape measure, chalk, binder clips, pins, and masking tapes. When the curtains were finally hung, I realized that they were all of different lengths :o(. But hey, look at the bright side. None of them is too short :o).

I hurriedly assured hubby that he would not need to climb the ladders again to remove the curtains. I would fix the problem where the curtains were. Hmmmm....., there are quite a few skilled sewers in this group. Any suggestions on mounting the sewing machine on the wall so that I can sew the curtains while they are hanging? Haha!