Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

I had planned just a quick visit tonight but it has taken me quite a while to read through all the recent posts and check out all the new pics. Thanks Jean, for starting a new thread for the new year.

We have been really busy these last few weeks and it has been overcast with showers every day making it hard to get things done in the yard. We had a fairly fine day yesterday so Michael spent several hours poisoning the weeds and nut grass that have taken over what used to be lawn, which died off when we went so long without rain in Spring-early Summer. Anyway, he had just finished and came in for a cuppa and we had a five minute downpour so his afternoon was completely wasted.

We have been trying to clean up some of the gardens further away from the house where a lot of the plants died when they were without water and they became neglected. Since the rain they have become really overgrown with weeds, vines and grass. It’s hard to believe how quickly all the weedy stuff has grown in just a few weeks.

The one we are working on at the moment has a large jacaranda and a nice euodia which is in flower at the moment and attracting lots of parrots. Once we get rid of all the rubbish growing underneath, I want to use the space under the trees for broms. Nev, did the seeds/seedlings of the euodia I sent you grow.

Hi to everyone else, lovely pics everyone. My pics … our current work in progress -

Pic 1 – some of the area we have cleared to date
Pic 2 – the next bit to tackle
Pic 3 – King Parrot watching on
Pic 4 – neo Enchantment albo
Pic 5 – Vr Gigantea Nova

Back soon, bye for now
Shirley