Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone. I am sitting inside and thinking of putting the heater on...
Sounds ridiculous after the heat, but its cold here today and overcast, but no further rain.
Gone are the times when one put away the winter clothes and we had definite seasons.
Now its a case of changing 2 or 3 time s a day....lol

I finally got my new replacement camera and took some brom pics.
Not a lot of news from here today, but at least I am getting to post a bit more often.

Nev , I have always loved roses and I find they are so easy to grow .
I never fuss over my plants and at times they may look a tad messy, but they usually survive a lot better than those that are treated with kid gloves..

The roses left at the house are doing well without water or fertiliser and have done for years.
Its always interesting to note that the usual survivor at any old derelict house , will be a rose.

I am starting up on my oil painting again as it keeps me out of mischief, hubby used to say..
I will have to do a few country drives and get pics of various places to paint.
I have the choice of both bush & ocean here as its only about 50 miles to the coast and also close to the Grampians.

I notice there are a couple of very small burn marks on a leaf or two on the brugs.
Mainly the old mummas as they fade with age.

pic 1... bill Hallelujah just starting to show a little green in the shde.

pic 2... neo Victoria x Lamberts Pride. I love the banded coloring of Lamberts Pride coming out on this one, although the color is pinker like Victoria.

pic 3...neo Bill Morris with 2 large pups. He doesnt get as purple now as he ages.

pic 4..neo Gezpacho, also getting old now , with 2 pups.

pic 5... neo Enchantment albomarginata, colored very nicely this summer.

Jean.