Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015.. , 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  OUR BROMELIADS INTO 2015..
77sunset wrote:
Hello everyone.
Nice to see all the posts with such lovely broms.
Its been pouring rain here on and off for two days , which is great for all the gardens.
Its not been cold either which I like.
Looks like another lot of rain coming today and I am sure it will wait a while until I get halfway over to Hamilton, then rain on me all day...lol
My Robert used to say the rain liked me and followed me everywhere.

Brian, before I forget, the brom you asked about in my first post is neo Gezpacho, even though it doesnt look like it. I didnt realise the pic was so washed out looking until I looked at the one I posted in my last post.
Its a trick of the camera sometimes if the sunlight is strong.
My Burnsies Spiral is doing very well despite now being out of the shadehouse. It gets full afternoon sun for a couple of hours and doesnt seem bothered. It does look fragile, but like a lot of broms, is tougher than it looks.

I am so pleased that even with all the heat, hot wind and strong sunlight, my broms are showing no signs of burning. The only change I can see is that I will have to move my pot of bill Hallelujah . It is now being shaded by the large brugmansia leaves and turning a little pale.
I will move it back into the open a bit more.

Colleen, I too have the little sproggas ( sparrows) looking for water.
We may write and pronounce it differently in our two states, but I knew what you meant.
The sparrows here are very cunning and know exactly when to come for crumbs as I feed the maggies.
It can get noisy around the town too, with all the white cockatoos . They are here in huge flocks and screech all the time.
Thankfully, they do wander off at times and should disappear during the winter.
They do so much damage to trees, buildings and even power lines.
We have a mix of the sulpher crested cockatoos and the long beak corellas. They seem to get on well together and are often seen in the same flocks.

Trish , lovely pics and I do like neo Lorena even if it is unstable.

Nev, hope you enjoyed your day at the trains. I bet the little kids love them and I know the big "kids" always enjoy "playing " with any sort of train...lol

Time I went as I need to be in Hamilton early.

No brom pics, just two of my new rose flowers....Fionas Wish and Happy Child.
Hopefully I will bring home the new camera today and start on lots of new pics..

Take care everyone and stay cool.
Jean.