Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014, 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS IN SUMMER ..2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Teresa, it has been many years since we had daylight saving here in the ‘smart’ state, I think it was back in the ‘80’s. I thought it was great but a lot of people disliked it, especially those living further west.

Nev, sounds like Christmas has come early for you, all those new broms. And I will definitely get a parcel off to you next Monday as well. As you say, the garden would certainly benefit from a good drink of Seasol but I think a good drink of rain water would be even better. We weren’t home when the storm hit Brissie this arvo. We were at Aspley (not that far away from us) and it poured raining and there was quite a bit of hail. When we got home there were bits of bark everywhere and some leaf litter so we probably had a lot of wind but I don’t think we got more than a few drops of rain.

Colleen, hope you’re feeling better now. Make sure you go back to your doctor if you’re not 100% well. I made my first attempt at selling neo pups on FB and 3 of the 4 that I posted sold. Thanks for the good wishes … if only I could sell more broms than I buy.

Trish, love the pics of your vrieseas. Hope you are not overdoing things at work.

Brian, I am having trouble keeping the water up to my broms at the moment. With the heat we are experiencing and the lack of humidity, they are drying out so quickly. Like Nev said, a good dose of Seasol would be really beneficial.

I’m a lazy gardener so all of my broms, regardless of genera, go into the same mix and I use a commercial one, my preference is Debco orchid mix from Masters.

Jean, pleased to hear you are getting everything sorted and settled. Now, it’s just that pesky camera you have to work out. Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend.

Canistrum Big Emma
Neo Concentrica x Leopard
Neo Sunnyside
Neo Playball
Our whole yard looks just like this

Bye for now, Shirley