Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 5 by SBMLM

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright SBMLM

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
SBMLM wrote:
Hi everybody,

A bit of relief with the weather today, yesterday was a real stinker of a day.

I spent the day down in Nev's territory on the south coast. I went down to have a look at a couple of plants from his friend that had passed away and found the backyard lined with Bromeliads. I ended up taking a trailer load of them,but you could hardly see where I had taken them from. His wife said that a lot of the labels were marked with that familiar phrase 'Ask Nev'. We ended up nagging for a while about the plants as she is getting into them herself. Nice people.

Teresa, good luck with the dog show tomorrow. How do all the different breeds go in the one place? I bet there is a few brawls between.

Jean, nice pics of the Guzmanias. It seems with the plants I have the flower lasts forever compared to some of the others.

Trish, love the pick of the orchid + frog. Good luck with your stall at the markets, its a good way to meet all the local people.

Colleen, we don't see as many Cockatoos up here as I thought we would. There are a heap of Kookaburras and Parrots, but the best one to listen to of a morning is the Whip bird, brilliant sound they make. Up at Katoomba in the NSW Blue Mountains there was a lot of Black Cockatoos as well, weird looking bird.

Shirley and Nev, brilliant colour with your pictures as usual, take it easy over the weekend.

I have taken a few pictures and will put some on over the next couple of days.

Todays are mostly unknown. The colours are slightly exaggerated in the pics.

Pic 1........Today's Purchase
Pics 2-5...Unknown