Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone

Thank goodness the week has come to a close and the weekends finally here, looking forward to a wee sleep in tomorrow before going for our usual walk on the beach.

Hi Shirley yeah not too sure where my mobile post went the other day, annoying when that happens and makes you wonder where do they end up going given you know you pressed send successfully, anyway normally it works just not this time around.

Thanks really looking forward to having a stall at our local market this Sunday, it gave me something to really look forward to all week and the weather is nice although getting a little warm now but should not deter too many from venturing out, plus the market has got a good following now with many stalls and regular customers visiting most weekends that I have seen with my own eyes because when I visit the market I keep seeing the same friendly faces walking around which is great.

Lovely pics you posted Shirley, the one’s that I was really drawn to where Pic 1, Pic 3 and Pic 5, with Neo. ‘Black Warrior’ catching my attention the most because I like the dark trim it had around the outer edges of the leaves that I found very striking.

Hi Colleen great to hear you got the extra shade cloth up in the shade house just in time by the sounds on things with temps now a scorching 42C. Our temps are creeping up to 31C and 32C expected next week the weather man tells us.

Great to hear you are looking after all you birds and wildlife also making sure they have plenty water available to drink, we too have been doing same for our local birds as the wetlands are dry to the bone at the moment till the wet season arrives. We adore the Honey Eaters here and one built a beautiful nest in my Igloo that I will have to remember to post pics of at some stage as I took many pics of dad feeding the two bubs, but they have left the nest now and we see them flying with the others on the weekends which is nice, I miss seeing them in the Igloo, especially the father who got really used to me and did not care if I sat and took pics up close of him during feeding time.

With my work I am not away a week at a time thank goodness and am lucky that I come home every day and am home on the weekends, especially with us running our business as well, otherwise it would just not be possible to do both or we would go insane trying ha ha.

Thanks looking forward to having a stall at our local market this weekend, it will be a nice way to unwind and I always enjoy chatting with the customers that come through, some are regular that always like to see what I have for sale and don’t like to miss the opportunity of popping over when I do have a stall because I only do it casual when I can. Colleen your Neo. Mister Odean seedling look great, I checked on mine that I grew from seed a couple of days ago and they are looking great and tough looking for such little seedling so I have great hope that they will grow up to be impressive plants because the signs are already there.

Hi Teresa sound like you are having a great time showing Sugar, can’t wait to hear how it all went, sounds very exhausting though.

Hi Nev sorry to hear your physio session was so painful and hope the pain has eased as I could think of nothing worse working something that really hurts that is trying to heal, but hopefully each visit will get easier and the pain won’t be so bad for you and that you hand recovers well.

Thanks Nev trying not to work too hard but work just sucks as much as they can out of you now days which seems to be the norm everywhere.

Lovely flowering brom pics you posted, not something we really concentrate usually on when we post pics of our broms but the flowers are so fascinating aren’t they and when I take pics of them in our yard I like to room in and take a closer look at all the detail they contain that I always find so interesting as well as beautiful.

Hi Brian hope your well and enjoying your broms.

Anyway time to head off and watch a movie possibly with Joe.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Hi to anyone looking in or on the sick list, hope I have not missed anyone.

Trish

Pic 1 – New Desert Rose Garden by my Igloo
Pic 2 - Guess what’s living in my broms?
Pic 3 – Joe’s Orchid and Pet Frog – too cute!
Pic 4 – Vr. ‘Cracker Jack’
Pic 5 – Neo. ‘Dirty Gerty’