Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

It has been overcast all day and we have had a few spots of rain, not enough to do any good but at least it has been a lot cooler.

We have our Molly back home again and trying to follow the vet’s instructions to keep her quiet … not easy.

Teresa, you are lucky not to have any venomous bities in NZ but I don’t think I could handle earthquakes.

Nev, we were very lucky to have been there when Molly caught the snake and to have seen what happened. It took us about 10 minutes to get it away from her … she was so proud of her catch and she wasn’t about to give it up. Finally, she dropped it, came into the house and collapsed and we thought she was a goner. We carried her to the car in a sheet as she was paralysed. On the way to the vet she lifted her head which surprised us and when we got there, she walked into the vet surgery.

After telling the vet, he said she’d had a pre-paralytic episode indicating she had received a lethal dose of venom and without immediate treatment would die within hours. Fortunately, they identified the snake and the anti-venom saved her … though a very expensive exercise.

Jean, it’s good to hear that your lovely plants have gone to caring new owners, even better that you can visit them. Nice pics.

Trish, we were beginning to worry about you as no-one had heard from you. So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Glad that Lucy has recovered from her ordeal.

Hi to anyone else looking in.

Pic 1 – neo Anna 63
Pic 2 – neo Bakers Tiger
Pic 3 – neo Golden Goddess
Pic 4 – neo Red Earth
Pic 5 – neo NOID

Bye for now, Shirley