Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014, 5 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads For Novices and Addicts - October 2014
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Teresa, your Sugar sounds like a really lovable girl. I know our Molly can be such a trouble maker at times but when she turns on the smooch, it’s so hard to be annoyed with her.

Jean, sounds like you’re settling in well. Generally the sun is at its worst around the middle of the day. Maybe you could get some big pots and plant frangipani in them for some summer shade. Nice pics.

Nev, you can send some of your rain here. Seems we are having the driest October on record and it’s certainly hot.

Brian, I love the toothy ones and the bigger the better. I think the correct name is probably ‘spines’ but I always call them teeth. I also grow a lot of succulents, aloe and agaves and various other pricklies. My forearms are always covered in spike spots and scratches from the broms. Maybe your neo Midnight needs a bit more shade. Tascott looks nice and peaceful.

Hi also to Trish and Dianne.

Pic 1 – neo Allure
Pic 2 – neo Cockabell
Pic 3 – bill Tarantella
Pic 4 – vr Gigantea Nova
Pic 5 – neomea Strawberry … just a bit bleached

Bye for now, Shirley