Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 5 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone

Feeling much better today after a nice sleep in this morning and when I woke up Joe was walking back in the door with cappuccinos and toasted egg and bacon toasties in hand so we went and sat outside in the back garden and had breakfast together; I even cooked the girls their weekend treat which is an egg each which is also great for a shiny coat.

I then spent the rest of the day playing with my broms in the Igloo and took some pics to show everyone here. I can see that I will spend a lot of time in there because it’s just such a great spot to work, rest and play, especially this time of year when it’s not hot at all and the weather is so beautiful. Joe also enjoys sitting in there and we chat while I buzz around doing stuff. Next weekend I will move some Neo’s in there and as well as all my trays of vrieasea and neo. seedlings; I also have maturing Neo. pups ready to go out into the garden to color them up that were originally in Joe’s nursery.

In the next couple of weeks we are getting someone over to put new shade cloth on Joe’s orchid nursery so he is looking forward to that happening. I also want to do a bit of work in there cutting back shrubs and weeding the paving. I have moved most of my plant out of there now which has really freed up some more space for more shelving and orchids.

Sounds like nearly everyone on this forum have been experiencing issues of different sorts; let’s see how I go trying to attach pics etc.

Hi Shirley I hope you are well, how’s that beautiful Igloo of yours coming along, would luv to see some more pics when you get a spare minute.

Hi Nev great to be back and feeling much better thanks. That’s great to hear all the new members who signed up at the Brom Society; it would have been a crying shame to shut shop so glad things worked out in the end for everybody.

Nev those Mushroom Kits you saw at Bunnings’ sound fantastic so I will keep an eye out for them the next time we are there as we luv mushroom and use them in a lot of our recipes.

Nev HA HA yep Joe has been shopping for orchids on EBay as well as went and did a little surprise brom shopping for me while I was away so when I got home there was a box of beautiful broms waiting for me to open which I was naturally thrilled to bits about.

Nev how lovely is that Nidularium ‘Litmus’ in your Pic 3 with that stunning purple centre.

Hi Teresa hope you feel better real soon, sounds like you have been really run down so rest as much as you can when you can, easier said than done I know but try too whenever you can.

Hi Colleen thanks I am feeling much better now and it’s great to be back home with Joe and the girls. Sounds like the boys are having a fantastic time climbing trees, the bigger the better I totally agree, that’s just what we used to do as kids and it’s something you always remember as an adult that always puts a huge smile on my face because it was so much fun to do. Colleens, Bens cute as well as the boys.

Take Care & Happy Gardening!

Trish