Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014, 5 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES AND ADDICTS - JULY 2014
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi all - Still very cold here as well and I definitely blame Colleen for sending the weather up from S.A. as that's the direction it's coming from.

I've just come inside after finishing the watering I started yesterday and I can hardly feel my hands; and my fingers are stinging like hell as the cold seems to aggravate the condition I have with the nerves in my fingers.

Cody - Hi! We haven't heard from you for quite a while, how have you and the young fella been keeping?

How's your Guzmania growing? Those pups must be getting pretty tall by now.

I probably won't see you on Face Book as I rarely go on there now but I still keep getting notifications through my email that there are messages there for me and don't know how to stop them; as soon as I see the words "Face Book" on my emails I just automatically delete them.

Colleen - Seems like you're getting your fair share of cold weather also and with temps like that you must have a bit of ice on the ducks' water.

Don't forget to put any brom's that have burgundy or bi-coloured foliage under cover as they are very cold tender and will mark easily.

I don't know of Neo. 'Uluru Dawn'; with a name like that I thought initially it may have been one of Jack Koning's hybrids, but I can't find any info on the BCR so it's not registered. What do you know about its history?

Teresa - It seems like congratulations are in order after your successful job application. All you have to do now is put your head down and bum up and work like hell and you'll be the manager in no time and then you work your roster so you don't have to work any more weekends.

That's about all from me today. Hi also to the rest of the gang, come in out of the cold and start posting.

Pic.1 is Neo. 'Grey Nurse', Pic.2 is Neo.'Dexter's Pride', Pic.3 is Neo.'Screaming Tiger', Pic.4 is Neo. olens and Pic.5 is Neo. 'Rosella'